Fat-free strawberry sorbet is a great reason to have frozen strawberries on hand. I always try to have frozen bananas on hand as well so I am ready when a sweet treat craving hits!
The first thing I’m going to do with these beauties is to freeze them. It is best to freeze berries on a pan individually, then once they are frozen put them in good quality freezer bags or other freezer containers.
The second thing I’m going to do is make some Fat Free Strawberry Sorbet! You will need a Vitamix or some type of sturdy food processor or blender.
Strawberry sorbet is amazing but please don’t eat it too fast because you might find yourself with a brain-freeze…and that’s no fun.
The flavor options are endless:
Add any other fruit along with the bananas, such as peaches, mangos, raspberries, or cherries.
If you count weight watcher points plus the entire recipe has 8 points.
If you prefer chocolate try this allergy-friendly chocolate flavor.
Fat-Free Strawberry Sorbet
- 1 frozen banana – cut in chunks
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Place cut up bananas in your Vitamix and follow with strawberries and then apple juice.
- Process until a creamy consistency. Stir several times throughout the process.
- Add more juice if needed or if you prefer a softer sorbet, just beware the more juice added the faster the sorbet will melt.
- And it’s ready to serve.