This apple pear blueberry fruit crisp is a combination you will not soon forget. These fruits are ready for harvest simultaneously, so why not enjoy them in one delicious dessert?
Since our plum trees are loaded this year, I added some plums to today’s crisp. Of course, it is yummy with or without the plums.
If fruit pies aren’t your thing, a fruit crisp may be your answer. Crunchy, crumbly topping over sweet baked fruit topped with vanilla ice cream is scrumptious!
For This Fruit Crisp, You Will Follow These Simple Steps:
Slice apples and pears and place them in the baking dish. The baking pan can be round, square, glass, or metal. Sprinkle blueberries over the top.
Add syrup, lemon juice, and corn starch. Sprinkle cinnamon overall.
Prepare the crumb topping using a pastry blender to cut in the butter or butter substitute.
Spread the topping over the fruit mixture.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
It’s nice to serve warm but delicious at any temperature, and don’t forget the ice cream: regular, lactose-free, or dairy-free …whatever fits your lifestyle.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator the second day covered.
To Make Apple, Pear, Blueberry Fruit Crisp, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Blueberries ~ fresh or frozen
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- Corn Starch
- Ground Cinnamon
- Gluten-Free or Regular Flour
- Old Fashioned Oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- Finely Chopped Walnuts ~ omit for nut-free
- Brown Sugar
- Butter or a dairy-free substitute
*Here’s a little tip – I always precook the apple slices in the microwave for a couple of minutes before mixing them with the other fruit to ensure they are fully cooked.
Enjoy! Check out this delicious Asian Pear Apple Crisp too.
Apple, Pear, Blueberry Fruit Crisp - Gluten-Free
- 3 large Pears ~ peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 large Apples ~ peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries ~ fresh or frozen
- 3 Plums ~ optional
- 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup ~ or 1/3 cup pure maple syrup and 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Corn starch
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour ~I used King Arthur Measure-For-Measure
- 1/2 cup Old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter or dairy-free substitute
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place sliced apples and pears in a round or square 9"x 9" pan, then add the blueberries. And plums if desired.
- Drizzle maple syrup, then lemon juice overall.
- Add the corn starch by sprinkling it over the syrup and lemon juice and gently mix in with the flat side of a fork.
- Lastly, sprinkle cinnamon over the fruit mixture.
- Set aside and prepare topping.
- Mix flour, oats, nuts, and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter or butter substitute using a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Cover the fruit with topping and bake for about 45 minutes.
- The fruit mixture should become nice and bubbly, and the crumb topping should be nicely browned.
- Store fruit crisp the following day in the refrigerator covered tightly with plastic wrap. You can also lay a paper towel over the crisp before covering it with plastic wrap.