GF Vegan Banana Blueberry Bread is the best of two worlds, low-fat and healthy. A sweet, tender banana bread made with oat flour and wonderfully cluttered with wholesome blueberries.
This banana bread will complement any healthy meal or snack. It’s also delicious toasted and topped with a thin layer of butter or a non-dairy substitute.
To Make This GF Vegan Banana Blueberry Bread You Will Need:
- Bananas ~ just barely ripe for Low FODMAP
- Pure maple syrup, honey, or half of each
- Olive oil
- Vanilla extract
- Oat flour ~ optional regular all-purpose if not gluten-free
- Baking soda
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Chopped walnuts ~ omit for nut-free and low-fat
- Blueberries ~ I prefer fresh, but thawed frozen berries are ok too
When this bread comes out of the oven nicely golden brown, you will be tempted to slice off a piece right away, but it’s important to let it rest for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the loaf pan. Then let it cool to room temperature for best results before slicing.
This banana blueberry bread will freeze perfectly in a freezer-safe container or bag. Separate cut slices with wax or parchment paper to prevent pieces from sticking together.
GF Vegan Banana Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas ~ lightly ripened for Low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- 3/4 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries ~ fresh or frozen thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts ~ omit for nut-free and lower calories
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line or lightly grease a 9”x5” loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl add mashed bananas, pure maple syrup, water, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together well.
- Stir in oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in blueberries and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes before removing bread from pan. Then allow bread to continue cooling until reaching room temperature.
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe idea from chocolatecoveredkatie.