Low-Fat Banana Blueberry Muffins ~ Gluten-Free
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Low-fat banana blueberry muffins are soon to be a favorite. A tender muffin with rich banana flavor and blueberries in every bite. I have found fresh blueberries are best but not required for these muffins.
I am sure you have heard how healthy blueberries are for our bodies.
Here are a few reasons why you should include this sweet, nutritious fruit in your diet:
- It may help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Help in strengthening bones
- They are nutrient dense
- High antioxidant levels
- Protect against aging
- Aid in maintaining brain function and memory
To Make Low-Fat Banana Blueberry Muffins, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Oat flour ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- Baking soda
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Chopped Walnuts ~ optional; omit for nut-free
- Bananas ~ no spots for Low FODMAP
- Vanilla yogurt ~ I used Yami Lactose Free, sub dairy-free if needed
- Pure maple syrup
- Any milk or non-dairy milk ~ I used Macadamia Milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries ~ frozen are ok, but I prefer fresh for these muffins
Like many muffin recipes, this banana blueberry muffin can also be made into delicious baked donuts. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I like to make 12 muffins and use the rest of the batter for pancakes. For the best and fastest pancakes, I use my Dash Mini Maker. The pancakes are delicious and a fun handheld snack for kids too.
Freeze leftovers or store them in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
Low-Fat Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts ~ optional omit for nut-free
- 1 1/2 cup Mashed spotted bananas ~ no spots for Low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup Plain or vanilla non-dairy yogurt ~ lactose free for Low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Prepare the muffin tin with cupcake holders.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and chopped nuts if adding them. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add all the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in blueberries
- Fill the muffin tin sections 3/4 full.
- If you decide to make a snack cake line the 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and pour in half of the batter.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes. Bake snack cake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins sit for 7-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.