Sautéed Kale is as easy as it gets. It’s a healthy, colorful vegetable that is extremely popular, probably because it is incredibly dense in nutrients. And guess what? There is a bonus if you grow your own kale when the pretty little yellow flowers bloom….those are edible too!
- Excellent source of both vitamin C and K
- Rich in antioxidants
- High in beta-carotene
- Heart healthy
**Please Note: Check with your doctor if you are taking blood thinners. Kale can interfere with these medications, and your doctor may need to make some medication adjustments or suggest an appropriate amount of kale to consume.
- Clean, dried kale
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic (taste preference on amount) Garlic replacer or omit for Low FODMAP
- Salt & pepper
It’s a gorgeous bright green and will add lovely color to your meal.
For a fast, healthy crunchy snack, remove the kale leaves from the center spine and break them into smaller pieces. Toss kale pieces in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay single-layered in an air fryer and cook for about 4 minutes at 375. Shake the pan a couple of times for even cooking.
Weight Watcher Point Plus followers only count the oil used.
Try adding kale to this hearty ground turkey 7-vegetable soup,
- 2 large bunches of kale ~ clean and dried, cut into large pieces.
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic - garlic replacer for Low FODMAP ~ taste preference on amount
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté about 15-20 seconds.
- Add kale; stir and toss constantly until kale starts to wilt a little or to your preference of doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.