Frosted Flake Coconut Cookies are a magical blend of crunchy and chewy with a hint of chocolate. They are so irresistible I find myself reaching for one every day, but that’s okay because they are pretty healthy, too.
The frosted flakes add just the right crunch, and the coconut gives these little gems a slight chewiness.
You will only need one big bowl to mix the ingredients and a small microwavable dish to melt the chocolate drizzle.
To Make Frosted Flake Coconut Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Frosted cornflakes, gluten-free if needed
- Coconut ~ sweetened or unsweetened, I used unsweetened
- Peanut butter ~ substitute with a seed butter like Sun Flower Seed Butter if needed
- Optional chocolate chips for drizzle ~ I used an allergy-friendly type, Enjoy Life Baking Chocolate
These make great snacks for after school, before or after a workout, between meals, or anytime.
Kids love to help in the kitchen; this is a perfect “hands-on” cooking activity.
The peanut butter and honey mixture firms up quickly, and the mounds easily hold their shape. We like them frozen or chilled in the refrigerator.
Drizzle is optional; these cookies are delicious without it as well.
Here is another one of my favorite easy chewy peanut butter treats to try Peanut Butter No-Bake Energy Bite Delights. These disappear almost as fast as I can make them.
Frosted Flake Coconut Cookies
- 5 cups Frosted corn flakes ~ any brand
- 3/4 cup Coconut ~ I used unsweetened, either kind is fine
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Peanut butter ~ substitute with seed butter if needed
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- Optional chocolate drizzle ~ I used an allergy-free
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure and dump Frosted Flakes cereal and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl add peanut butter. Microwave 20 seconds, stir and repeat for a total of 40 seconds. I use a glass 2-cup measuring cup.
- Stir in honey and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla and mix well.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix until all cereal pieces are covered.
- Place 20 scoops of the cereal mixture on the parchment paper.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips if desired.
- Let the cereal drops sit to firm up or chill them for faster results. Store peanut butter frosted flakes and coconut drops in the refrigerator or freezer.