I think you are going to love this easy orange chicken with less sugar, and it just happens to be gluten-free too. Most recipes for orange chicken contain a fair amount of sugar, but using Polaner Sugar Free Orange Marmalade was a game changer for me. We gobbled up this scrumptious orange chicken in no time with a side of stir-fried vegetables and rice.
Just because I decided to use Polaner Sugar Free Orange Marmalade with Fiber in this recipe doesn’t mean you can’t use regular marmalade like Smucker’s. Low FODMAP diets would still need to use the Sugar free or Smucker’s Natural Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread.
Remember, it is important to clean your cutting boards well after preparing meats; that’s why I prefer bamboo cutting boards. Bamboo cutting boards are more resistant to bacteria; that’s why I use these cutting boards in my kitchen.
To make orange chicken with less sugar, you will need these ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Garlic powder ~ Low FODMAP garlic replacement if needed
- Orange marmalade ~ regular or sugar free
- Soy sauce ~ gluten-free if needed
- Rice vinegar
- Garlic cloves ~ Low FODMAP garlic replacement if needed
- Crushed red pepper
- Rice ~ optional to serve with the orange chicken
Be sure to try this yummy Sweet and Sour Chicken too.
Orange Chicken ~ Easy Low Sugar Recipe
- 3/4 cup Sugar free orange marmalade
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce ~ gluten-free if needed
- 3 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves ~ Substitute with Low FODMAP garlic replacer if needed
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 3 Chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder ~ substitute with Low FODMAP garlic replacer if needed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Rice to serve with Orange chicken
- In a small mixing bowl add marmalade, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together and set mixture aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cornstarch.
- Add chicken cubes to bag and shake well to coat chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken in a single layer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes flipping the chicken cubes to brown and cook through.
- Pour marmalade mixture over the chicken and gently stir while cooking about 2-3 minutes more or until the mixture thickens into a nice glaze.
- I use a rice cooker while I am making the orange chicken. Serve orange chicken over rice.
This recipe idea is from www.mandyjackson.com