This easy homemade gravy recipe left us speechless. Yes, it was that good, and I will include it in many more meals. Truth be told, I never make gravy other than on holidays, and even then, it’s usually my mother’s gig.
But this happened…
We brought some leftovers home from a family dinner, and my husband looked in the refrigerator for some gravy. Oops…I didn’t bring any gravy home with us.
I decided to try to make him some gravy but wanted it to be a little healthier, so I looked through some books and found some interesting combinations. Of course, the gravy had to be gluten and dairy-free so I could have some too. I started experimenting with some of the ingredients. This gravy recipe is what I happily ended up with…and have stuck with.
The flavor is so satisfying I decided it had to be called savory gravy. And it is fabulous on everything we’ve tried, from potatoes to stuffing to “roll dunking” and sandwiches.
The ingredients in this gravy are versatile, making it a user-friendly recipe for food sensitivities and special diets.
You will be glad to know this recipe is:
2. Just 2 WW points plus for each serving
3. Vegan-friendly using vegetable broth
4. It has an option for corn and soy-free diets substituting Coconut Aminos for soy sauce
5. Paleo-friendly using almond flour for brown rice flour. Start with 1 tbsp less of the flour as it may result in too thick of a gravy.
6. Dairy and gluten-free
To Make Easy Homemade Savory Gravy, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Chicken or vegetable broth ~ check labels for allergens
- Gluten-free soy sauce ~ Coconut Aminos for corn and soy-free diets. It’s possible this could be a little less flavorful, so you might consider adding extra seasoning.
- Sunflower seed butter
- Garlic & herb seasoning
- Brown rice flour ~ Paleo followers optional almond flour. I haven’t tried this, but I would love to know if you do.
Remember, it’s healthier, so you can take a double-dip! Enjoy!!
Here is a super easy gluten-free stuffing recipe to ladle some gravy over the top.
Easy Homemade Savory Gravy
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbls gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 Tbls sunflower seed butter
- 1 rounded tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- few grinds of pepper
- Whisk everything together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring often.
- Gravy will become thick and creamy.