Try this too, wrap baked falafel in a warm corn or flour tortilla, add some Tahini sauce, and maybe even a leaf of romaine.
For another Meatless Monday meal try, Sweet Potato Nuggets they are equally delicious in wraps and a whole lot more.
To Make Gluten-Free Falafel You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Canned garbanzo beans
- Yellow onion
- Minced garlic
- Dried parsley
- Arrowroot powder
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Black pepper
Tahini is made from raw sesame seeds and is sometimes confused with sesame paste, which is made from roasted or toasted sesame seeds.
Try Experimenting With These Tahini substitutes For A Change In Flavor:
- Nut butter ~ I recommend cashew or almond over peanut butter
- Seed butter
- Greek yogurt
To Make Homemade Tahini Sauce You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Minced garlic
Here is another healthy recipe to make with garbanzo beans and it’s super easy, Fat-Free Hummus. Hummus is delicious as a dip and on sandwiches.
This original Tahini Sauce is by, Wendy Solganik, on the Forks Over Knives App.
This falafel recipe idea is from the cookbook, The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook.
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped finely
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a non-stick spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor to combine, leaving just a little texture.
- Use a small cookie scoop, form small balls, and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning falafel over after 10 minutes.
Homemade Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 Tbsp water
- Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and serve with falafel or chill to serve with vegetable sticks.
• Nut butter ~ I recommend cashew or almond over peanut butter
• Seed butter
• Greek yogurt **Recipe makes 1 cup of Tahini Sauce