Cassava Peanut Butter Oat Cluster Cookies are the ultimate gluten-free treat. The combination of both the cassava and oat flour makes them extra soft to bite into. Cassava and Tigernut flour are fantastic substitutes for wheat flour in cookies, and I’ve been loving the outcome of my gluten-free cookies.
When I bake, I always use parchment paper. I like using these super handy pre-cut sheets of parchment paper; silicone liners also work well.
All the candies I list in this recipe are gluten-free but not dairy or egg-free. You will find some different dairy, egg, and peanut-free options below.
To Make Cassava Peanut Butter Oat Cluster Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Butter ~ plant-based if needed
- Peanut butter ~ natural or regular, creamy or crunchy. Substitute sunflower seed butter for peanut-free.
- Granulated sugar ~ or beet sugar, if needed
- Brown sugar
- Lg egg ~ substitute 3 tbsp aquafaba for egg-free. Aquafaba is the liquid from canned garbanzo beans.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Milk ~ dairy-free if needed
- Cassava flour
- Oat flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Salt ~ optional
- Peanut butter chips ~ substitute semi-sweet allergy-friendly chocolate chips for peanut & dairy-free.
- Chopped mini peanut butter cups ~ Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are dairy & gluten-free. For peanut-free, substitute with sunflower seed butter cups
- Cocktail peanuts ~ optional
- Reese’s Pieces
- Peanut butter M&Ms ~ omit for peanut-free
We always seem to have a few extra toffee pieces in the candy cupboard, so I chopped some up and sprinkled it on top of each cookie before baking. Now that’s a delicious option!
You might also like these cluster cookies, GF Chocolate Peanut Butter Hurricane Cookies. These cookies are loaded with goodies too.
Cassava Peanut Butter Oat Cluster Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter ~ softened
- 1 cup Peanut Butter ~ natural or regular
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar ~ slightly packed
- 1 Lg Egg
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Milk ~ add 1 tsp more if too dry to form
- 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt ~omit if desired
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Chips ~ substitute with allergy-friendly semi-sweet chocolate chips for nut-free
- 1/3 cup Chopped Mini Peanut Butter Cups ~ dairy-free if needed
- 1/3 cup Cocktail peanuts ~ optional
- 1/3 cup Reese's Pieces ~ omit for nut-free
- 24 pieces Peanut Butter M&Ms ~ omit for nut-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix well.
- Stir in Cassava and oat flours, baking powder, baking soda, and optional salt.
- Add the chips, nuts, and candy (except the peanut butter M&Ms) and stir well.
- Drop 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving some space between, as they will spread while baking. Place a peanut butter M&M on top of each cookie and gently flatten to half the size.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.
- Freeze for longer storage.