This fat-free hummus is the perfect appetizer, party dip, or everyday snack!
Hummus is one of my favorite snack options with low-fat crackers, pretzels, and veggies. The problem I find too often is the amount of fat in most recipes. Therefore, I was ecstatic when I found this recipe.
I can’t take the credit, though; this awesome recipe is from the book, The Engine 2 Diet, written by Rip Esselstyn. I have several of Rip’s books, and every single recipe I have tried is yummy.
For Fat-Free Hummus, You Will Need These 5 Ingredients:
- minced garlic
- fresh or bottled lemon juice
- Bragg Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce. Bragg Coconut Aminos or Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos for soy and corn-free diets.
- water or vegetable broth (I use water)
For weight watcher points, this entire recipe has 11 points. Divide as you like to figure out the points for your serving. I would probably have about 1/4 cup for a serving.
** If you feel it’s not creamy enough and not worried about fat content, feel free to add some olive oil. I would add 1/2 – 1 tablespoon to start. Naturally, this would alter WW points.
**Another option is to add some of the liquid from the can of garbanzo beans. I personally have not tried this myself.
Dump everything into the food processor and give it a few spins.
And it’s ready for veggies, crackers, chips, or a sandwich.
~a seeded and chopped jalapeno
~red bell pepper roasted, seeded, and chopped
~fresh mint ~ about 1 bunch
~1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce I used gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp water or vegetable broth I use water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. I just used my small one.
- Whip it all up and grab something to dip!
- Store this hummus in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- ** If you feel it's not creamy enough and not worried about fat content feel free to add some olive oil. I would add 1/2 - 1 tablespoon to start. Naturally, this would alter WW points.
- Dump everything into the food processor and give it a few spins.