Unforgettable fudgy brownies are richly decadent and unbelievably easy, all mixed up in one big microwave-safe bowl. Enjoy these dreamy brownies freshly baked, at room temperature, or frozen.
These are the kind of brownies that are perfect for homemade brownie sundaes with hot fudge on top. For a non-dairy brownie sundae, swap out real butter for a plant-based type like Country Crock Plant Butter or Violife in the brownie recipe and use a non-dairy ice cream topped with Hershey’s Simply 5 Chocolate Syrup or the homemade dairy-free hot fudge recipe on this post.
Dairy-Free Hot Fudge
How To Make Dairy-Free Hot Fudge:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk ~ I use Macadamia Milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of plant-based butter ~ I use Country Crock Plant Butter.
- 1/2 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips ~ I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch ~ arrowroot powder for corn-free
- 2 1/2 tablespoons non-dairy milk ~ I use Macadamia Milk
Add sugar, cocoa powder, and salt to a small saucepan.
Whisk in non-dairy milk and bring to a simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low and stir in non-dairy butter and chocolate chips.
In a small bowl, like a custard dish, mix non-dairy milk and cornstarch together.
Stir the chocolate mixture on low until the fudge sauce thickens.
Remove from heat and let cool to a desired temperature.
Store in the refrigerator covered for one week.
To Make Unforgettable Fudgy Brownies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Salted butter
- Allergy-friendly semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
These brownies will bake in 30 minutes in an 8″x 8″ square pan.
Unforgettable Fudgy Brownies
- 1/2 cup Salted butter ~ or a non-dairy substitute like Country Crock Plant Butter or Violife.
- 1 1/2 cup Allergy-friendly semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- * Line an 8"x 8” square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some paper over the side. This will make lifting out the brownies easier.
- * In a microwavable mixing bowl melt butter and chocolate in 20 second increments. When melted whisk together to combine.
- * Add sugars and whisk to combine.
- * Add vanilla and eggs, then whisk to combine.
- * Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt and stir gently to combine.
- * Spread chocolate batter into the prepared baking pan.
- * Bake for 30 minutes.
- * Let brownies cool before lifting out to prevent breaking.
- * Cut brownies into 12 squares.