Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies With Honey fell into my hands exactly when I thought I had tried every possible way to make chocolate chip cookies. Cookies have been my favorite dessert since childhood, especially chocolate chip cookies.
I’ve tried chocolate chip cookies with vegan ingredients, gluten-free ingredients, with eggs and without eggs, nuts and no nuts, chopped candy and marshmallows, and even different sweeteners. But somehow, I am pretty sure I missed using honey.
Some refer to honey as liquid gold and a superfood because of its healing properties.
So here it is…
And are they good? They most certainly are, and not just for gluten-free folks; you can easily switch out the gluten-free flour for all-purpose.
To Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies With Honey, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Salted butter
- Granulated sugar ~ cane or beet
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder- corn-free if needed
- Apple cider vinegar
- Milk or a non-dairy substitute
- Gluten-free flour blend
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ allergy-friendly if needed
- Finely chopped walnuts ~ optional; omit for nut-free
Here Are A Few Allergy-Friendly Tips:
- Choose a gluten-free flour blend that includes Xanthan gum or guar gum. If the blend does not include one of these, then add 1/2 tsp of either. Guar gum is corn-free and recommended for Low FODMAP diets.
- Add either semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup of mini and 1 cup of regular. Enjoy Life and Nestle are my two favorite allergy-friendly brands. Both brands are gluten-free, vegan, and soy-free.
Here is another cookie recipe with honey, Healthy Honey Monster Cookies. This fun cookie recipe has allergy-friendly options too.
Enjoy a warm, soft chocolaty cookie.
This recipe idea is from the King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour package, which just happens to be my favorite.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies With Honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp salted butter softened ~ or non-dairy butter if needed
- 1/3 cup sugar ~ granulated sugar; cane or beet
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp milk or non-dairy substitute
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend that includes Xanthan gum or guar gum. ~ If the blend does not include one of these, add 1/2 tsp of either. Guar gum is corn-free and recommended for Low FODMAP diets.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ or 1 cup of mini and 1 cup of regular. Enjoy Life and Nestle are my two favorite allergy-friendly brands. Both brands are gluten-free vegan, and soy-free.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts ~ optional and omit for nut-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Add butter, sugars, honey, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix to a creamy consistency.
- Add vinegar, egg, and milk. Mix together until combined.
- Stir in flour. Fold in chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- Place 2 tablespoons of dough 2" apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-15