GF Morning Muesli Cookies ~ Healthy Breakfast Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
GF morning muesli cookies for breakfast? Sure, but don’t forget about after school snacks these cookies are perfect for that too.
I was trying to make my favorite healthy cookie into more of a breakfast cookie. I mean it could actually count as one as is, but I wanted to make some cookies with Muesli. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Muesli has some fun and interesting ingredients that I thought might work well with this recipe. Be sure to check labels for special diets when purchasing Muesli.
As it turns out the cookies are really good with the Muesli. I’ve made them twice this week using two different kinds of Muesli. Both had a good portion of oats. Most Muesli consists of oats, various nuts and seeds, dried fruit, and sometimes other added grains like amaranth, buckwheat, and quinoa. Experiment a little and see what you like.
Perfect Healthy Cookie For:
- Packing on a hike
- Carrying along on a long bike ride
- As an afternoon pick-me-up
I love chocolate so I decided to include semi-sweet chocolate chips in my breakfast cookies along with my favorite dried wild blueberries.
I would say these cookies have got a few good things going for them:
- Naturally sweetened
To make GF Morning Muesli Cookies you will need:
- Spotted bananas
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter, I used a natural creamy type
- Pure maple syrup, agave syrup, or honey if you are not vegan
- GF Muesli ~ Bob’s Red Mill is soy-free.
- GF flour or GF flour blend
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Hemp seeds
- Chopped walnuts
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Dried blueberries
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips mini or regular. I use Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly Dark Chocolate Chips.
These breakfast cookies are fabulous warm, so be sure to eat some right away!!
If you are like me and enjoy cookies for breakfast try GF Date & Muesli Breakfast Cookies, or GF Banana, Oat, & Applesauce Breakfast Cookies.
GF Morning Muesli Cookies
- 3 spotted bananas mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 peanut butter I used a natural creamy type ~ substitute with almond and cashew butter if preferred
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup agave syrup or honey if you are not vegan
- 2 cups GF Muesli
- 1/2 cup GF flour or GF flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 dried blueberries
- 1/3-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips mini or regular. I use Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Preheat Oven to 350 and prepare baking pans with parchment paper or silicone liners. Any non-stick spray is ok too.
- In a large mixing bowl add mashed bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, and pure maple syrup or another sweetener. Mix well.
- Add Muesli, flour, hemp seeds, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add walnuts, coconut flakes, dried blueberries, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- I use a large cookie scoop for these cookies and place them close together but not touching. These cookies will not spread at all so you can load up the baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.