This is the best seasoned ground meat recipe I’ve ever made. Not only is it very tasty, but also it is incredibly versatile.
No more seasoning packages for me. I can honestly say that I have never purchased another packaged seasoning mix since I started making this recipe. Besides, it can be a challenge to find pre-made seasoning packets that meet food allergy needs, and I feel like I have tried them all!
This seasoning will work with ground turkey, ground beef and ground pork as well. I use it in ground pork for pizza. Seasoned ground turkey and beef are perfect for tacos, burritos, nachos, and in soup. My family absolutely loves it. I always make a double batch so I have it on hand in the freezer in single-serving containers.
Those that count weight watcher points – each ounce is 1 point.
It’s fast, simple, and very versatile. Ready in less than 30 minutes. Use right away or store in freezer containers to use later.
Add some kidney or black beans and have a delicious taco salad with all your favorite fixings.
Best Seasoned Ground Meat
- 1 lb ground meat of choice
- 2 tsp minced onion flakes
- 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Brown the ground turkey, beef, chicken or pork. Drain any grease, I use a strainer and actually rinse the meat off. Leave the cooked meat to the side while preparing the seasoning.
- In the same skillet add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Gently cook a minute or so. Then add the meat back in with the spices and cook together for about 3-5 minutes to blend the flavors.
1/4 tsp black pepper