GF Banana, Oat & Applesauce Breakfast Cookies are simple and healthy cookies you can feel good about feeding your family… and yourself!!
Isn’t it nice having another option for all those extra bananas? One thing is for sure, I never seem to be lacking in my supply of overripe bananas by the end of the week.
I found this yummy cookie recipe on Alicia Silverstone’s blog, http://thekindlife.com. Go to her blog for the original recipe, Healthy Oatmeal, and Raisin Cookies. I had to make a couple of changes to my food allergies. I substituted soy or rice milk for the almond milk and I used gluten-free old fashioned oats. Feel free to use any type of milk or non-dairy milk product. I also changed the mixing order.
My husband likes chopped walnuts in these cookies too. There are endless add-in options that’s for sure. Try unsweetened coconut, any type of dried fruit, nuts, seeds and other grains like quinoa flakes.
GF banana, oat & applesauce cookies are also a great idea for packed lunches. Pack them frozen and by the time you eat them they are soft and chewy : )
Weight watcher points for these cookies are just 2 weight watcher points plus each.
You might also like Gf Date & Muesli Breakfast Cookies.
GF Banana, Oat & Applesauce Breakfast Cookies
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk or any substitute
- 2 cups Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats Be sure they are certified gluten free
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Raisins leave out for yeast free diets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and mash bananas into a mixing bowl.
- Add applesauce, milk product, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add oats and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I like to use silicone lined cookie sheets.
- I used a small cookie scoop for my cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Please pin and share