A smooth and creamy soup without adding any milk, just by pureeing the vegetables. I know my pureed vegetable soup isn’t the most attractive; but it is very good for you, good tasting, and super simple to make too.
How Do I Serve Pureed Vegetable Soup?
- As a healthy snack ~ Weight watcher points plus are just 1 point per cup.
- A side dish to any meal.
- Served as a separate course or appetizer before the entree.
Can I Make Pureed Vegetable Soup The Main Course?
Yes, by adding any of the following after the pureeing process:
- Cooked rice or quinoa.
- Leftover potatoes are cut into bite-size cubes.
- Cooked ground meat; Best Seasoned Ground Meat is delicious in this soup.
- Any type of meat cooked and cut into small pieces or shredded.
As shown in the picture below I’ve added leftover baked chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces.
This healthy soup is going to take you less than 30 minutes from start to finish. And while it is cooking you might want to make some fresh baked Quick Homemade Dinner Rolls; there will be just enough time.
You simply cook the veggies for 20 minutes and puree everything right in the pan.
That’s all there is to it, and it’s ready to serve.
To Make Pureed Vegetable Soup You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Vegetable or chicken broth ~ check labels for specific allergy ingredients as they vary in broths.
- Green beans
- Black pepper
I use this type of hand blender for this recipe.
Pureed Vegetable Soup
- 2 quarts vegetable or chicken broth. one of each is nice
- 3 cups cut up celery
- 3 cups peeled carrots cut in medium size pieces
- 3 cups cut up green beans ~ canned works too, drained
- 3 cups cut up zucchini I never peel zucchini.
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- In a large kettle add all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Puree soup with a hand blender until smooth.