Simple Butternut & Sweet Potato Soup – Gluten & Dairy-Free!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Simple Butternut & Sweet Potato Soup is a great way to show kids how delicious veggies can be. Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious and good for you. This recipe definitely scores high in the easy category!
Sweet potatoes and squash are great sources of vitamins A,C, and B plus rich in fiber. The sweet potato has become extremely versatile in cooking and baking from breakfast to dinner and even dessert.
This colorful soup requires peeling and cubing the vegetables before cooking. But once that is done, it doesn’t get any easier!
Add vegetables to chicken or vegetable broth and simmer until fork tender…puree with a hand-held mixer and serve. Top with some croutons or parsley for color.
This heart-healthy soup recipe is from my daughter. A flavorful, light soup that makes a nice addition to any meal. You can serve it as a side dish or your main meal.
To Make Simple Butternut & Sweet Potato Soup You Will These Ingredients:
- Sweet potato ~ I prefer the dark type
- Hubbard squash
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & Pepper
We hope you enjoy every healthy bite.
Simple Butternut & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 medium to large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled seeded, and cubed
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt more if desired
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper more if desired
- In a large kettle add all ingredients. Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup with a hand blender until smooth, or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
This soup looks SO creamy and delicious! I love all of your flavor combos too. Thank you so much for sharing it at Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party! Have a wonderful week!
Thanks! My comments are working…hooray. It is amazing how creamy this soup is without any added dairy!