It’s no secret I have a sweet tooth, and these easy homemade Butterfinger bars are perfect when that craving hits. They taste like the real candy but are a whole heck of a lot healthier. What could be better than that?
This is a simple recipe that will go together quickly and easily for you. Of course, the Butterfinger bars might disappear even faster, so beware!
I’ve made these 4 times, and I liked the end result using either the honey or pure maple syrup, but I think the pure maple syrup tastes more like a Butterfinger candy bar, plus it is a great option for vegans. Of course, either way, you will love the results I am sure.
I used Nature’s Path Gluten-Free Corn Flakes, but any brand is fine. No need to use gluten-free if it isn’t necessary.
For best results, use peanut butter with some added salt; otherwise, you will probably want to add an extra shake from the salt shaker.
Butterfinger bars are perfect for kids and adults because everybody loves them. One batch has never lasted more than a day at our house.
To Make These Easy Butterfinger Bars, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Honey or pure maple syrup
- Molasses ~ I used regular but feel free to use blackstrap molasses. This amount is okay for Low FODMAP
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter ~ substitute if needed, but results will vary somewhat.
- Corn flakes ~ gluten-free if needed.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks ~ Allergy-friendly if needed, like Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly .
Here are a couple more candy recipes that don’t require a candy thermometer:
- Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Granny’s Baked Caramel Corn
- Date & Honey Caramel Sticks
- Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Toffee Nut Bars
Easy Homemade Butterfinger Bars
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp regular molasses ~ safe amount for Low FODMAP
- 3 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter or substitute with SunButter
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes ~ gluten-free if needed, lightly crushed after measuring.
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ allergy- friendly if needed
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper
- In a small saucepan combine pure maple syrup or honey with molasses and granulated sugar.
- Stir and bring to a boil on medium heat. Boil while stirring the whole time for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in peanut butter and salt. Stir to combine.
- The mixture will form a paste like consistency. Stir in cereal and mix well.
- Press into an 8X8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 50 percent for 2 minutes.
- Spread evenly over the frozen bars.
- Cut into squares
- Store in the freezer or the refrigerator.
This recipe idea is from Chocolate Covered Katie.