GF SunButter Pretzel Snack Bars are great for kids and a perfect “pick-me-up” snack for anyone. Pretzels have been a popular add-in to recipes from cookies, to energy balls, and even brownies.
- Gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- Salted nuts
- Mashed bananas ~ less ripe for Low FODMAP
- SunButter ~ or other nut butter
- Gluten-free pretzels ~ read labels carefully for food allergy ingredients
- Honey, pure maple syrup, or agave syrup ~ pure maple syrup for Low FODMAP
- Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life allergy-friendly ~ optional
I placed wax paper between the bars to freeze.
Try these tasty snack bars too, GF SunButter Chocolate Chip Snack Bars
GF SunButter Pretzel Snack Bars
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup salted nuts ~ seeds for peanut-free
- 4 mashed bananas ~ less ripe for Low FODMAP
- 1 cup SunButter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free pretzels ~ chopped read labels carefully for food allergy ingredients
- 1 Tbls honey, pure maple syrup, or agave syrup ~ pure maple syrup for Low FODMAP
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips I used allergy-friendly ~ optional
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Pour the oats and nuts onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes tossing a couple of times during the baking time. Leaving the oven on…remove oats and nuts from the oven, set aside, and let cool down.
- Line a 9"x13" baking dish with parchment paper. You can do this while the oats and nuts are in the oven.
- Heat SunButter or other nut butter and mashed bananas in the microwave or in a small pan on the stove stirring until well combined. Set aside to let cool a bit.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, nuts, and banana mixture.
- Fold in cut-up pretzels and 2 Tbls of chocolate chips. (They will melt slightly)
- Spread the mixture into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or when golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into any size bar you like. I cut mine into about 18 bars.