This grilled lemon chicken is the real deal. If you have been looking for the perfect grilled chicken breast, I’ve got good news…you found it!
My daughter made this for us about 10 years ago in her first apartment. (Wow time flies) I was so impressed! And…it was delicious. I copied the recipe and have been making it ever since.
If there are any leftovers they are delicious added to:
fettuccine, Cesar salad, burrito bowls, wraps, and sandwiches.
I always make a double batch to make sure I have lots of leftovers to keep in the freezer for quick dinners on busy nights.
I haven’t been a huge fan of rosemary in the past, but it is perfect with this grilled lemon chicken. So please don’t leave it out. I’m working on being more aggressive with spices in my recipes. I didn’t grow up with a lot of spice in my food. Mom and dad preferred the basics…salt and pepper.
The Ingredients you will need for this grilled lemon chicken recipe are:
4 Chicken Breast, flattened
grated lemon zest
minced garlic ~ fresh for corn-free diets (Low FODMAP Garlic Replacer if needed)
dried rosemary leaves
ground black pepper
It will only take you a few minutes to prepare the chicken and marinade. Marinate for at least 4 hours, though I like to marinate mine overnight.
Then you will heat the barbecue and grill the chicken. The flavor will keep the crowd coming back for more. I could eat this chicken weekly and not get tired of it.
Another super easy and versatile chicken recipe is Seasoned Chicken Breasts.
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast flattened
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest 2-4 lemons depending on size
- 1/3 cup plus 1-2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice I added 2 extra tbsp
- 1- 1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic ~ I use 1 1/2 ~ use fresh for corn-free diets
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt. Place chicken in a pan that will hold the marinade. I found a 9"x13" cake pan with a lid worked great, no spills in the fridge.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Pour this mixture over the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I like to marinate mine overnight.
- Heat up the barbecue.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Grill chicken on low to medium heat for about 20-30 minutes. Watch carefully and turn throughout the grilling to cook chicken evenly.