SunButter No-Bake Granola Clusters ~ Gluten-Free option
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
SunButter no-bake granola clusters are taking traditional “no-bake” cookies to a whole new delicious level!
These granola clusters are slightly healthier no-bake cookies. And if you are like me, you will be happy to have more recipes for that jar of SunButter too.
SunButter is my “go-to” alternative to peanut butter. Be sure to experiment because these clusters are delicious with nut butter.
The original recipe, Chocolate Almond Granola Bites, from the website, My Baking Addiction, uses almond butter.
I have only made these with agave, but I plan on trying pure maple syrup. If you beat me to it, I would love to know how they turn out.
My family loves these granola clusters; my husband said, “leave them out…I’m going to eat the whole pan!’
To Make SunButter No-Bake Granola Clusters, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Agave syrup
- SunButter (sunflower seed butter) or any nut butter of your choice. My favorite brand is, SunButter.
- Coconut oil
- Granola ~ I use Leigha’s Fit & Fab Granola.
- Old-fashioned oats, I used gluten-free.
- Chopped nuts, any variety. I used mixed.
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips.
SunButter No-Bake Granola Clusters
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup Sunbutter sunflower butter or any nut butter of your choice. My favorite brand is, SunButter.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup granola ~ I use Leigha's Fit & Fab Granola. Use nut-free if needed.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats I used gluten-free.
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped nuts any variety. I used mixed.
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips I used an allergy-friendly chocolate chip.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Combine agave, Sunbutter, and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Over low heat stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and warm.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, stir. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine all the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour cooled syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. It's ok if they melt a little.
- *For a chocolate-flavored cluster, add chocolate chips to the warm sun butter mixture and stir until all or almost all chocolate is melted. Stir cereal mixture into the chocolate mixture (I add it to the saucepan) and mix well.
- Spoon out the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, or use a cookie scoop for a more uniform shape.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set. Store in the refrigerator or freezer as well.
** Leigha's Fit Fab Granola
** Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips **Sunbutter