These colorful Quinoa & Oat Monster Cookies With Collagen disappeared from the kitchen so fast that I didn’t even get to have a second cookie. We know what that means! It’s time to make more cookies, which is not a problem at all because I love making cookies.
If you don’t currently like the taste of quinoa, don’t worry because there are so many other tasty ingredients in these monster cookies, in fact, you might forget the quinoa is in there. If you don’t tell anyone they won’t even know I am absolutely sure about that.
Quinoa flakes are similar to oatmeal except that quinoa contains all of the essential amino acids.
Collagen peptides are optional, but why not add some to this batch of monster cookies.
To Make Quinoa & Oat Monster Cookies With Collagen, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Butter (salted) non-dairy substitute or coconut oil
- Sugar ~ I used beet sugar, but any granulated sugar is fine
- Oat flour ~ gluten-free if needed
- Quinoa flakes
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking Powder ~ Corn-free if needed
- Unsweetened coconut
- Xanthan gum or Guar gum ~ guar gum for Low FODMAP and corn-free diets
- Collagen peptides ~ I used Vital Proteins (unflavored) ~ vegan if preferred
- White chocolate chips ~ I used allergy-friendly Baker’s Choice (omit for soy-free)
- Milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips ~ I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life.
- M&M candies or substitute (omit for Low FODMAP, nut, and corn-free diets)
- Reese’s Pieces or omit for dairy, nut, soy, and corn-free diets
Note** Allergy-friendly substitutes for candy:
Choco No No’s are a candy-coated chocolate candy free from:
- No artificial colors or flavors
Quinoa flakes are a super healthy gluten-free cereal that can substitute for all or part of the oats in just about any baked cookie or muffin.
When experimenting with quinoa flakes, substitute half the oats in the recipe first and see how you like the flavors and textures. You can always add more quinoa flakes the next time.
Here are a few more monster cookie recipes you might want to try:
- Healthy Honey Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Monster Cookies
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
Quinoa & Oat Monster Cookies With Collagen
- 1/2 cup butter (salted) ~ non-dairy substitute or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar ~ I used beet sugar; any granulated sugar is fine
- 1 large Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Oat flour ~ gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum or Guar gum ~ guar gum for Low FODMAP and corn-free diets
- 2 tbsp Collagen peptides (unflavored) ~ I used Vital Proteins ~ vegan if preferred
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup White chocolate baking chips ~ I used allergy-friendly Baker's Choice. Omit for soy-free
- 1/3 cup Semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or milk flavored chocolate chips ~ I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life.
- 1/4 cup M&M candies or substitute ~ omit for Low FODMAP, nut, and corn-free diets
- 1/4 cup Reese's Pieces ~ omit for dairy, nut, soy, and corn-free diets
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and water. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips and candies. Mix together until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and candies.
- Scoop up 1 -1/2 tbsp of dough and place on the cookie sheet leaving some space between.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes to firm up.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze.