Homemade pumpkin pie spice is a combination of 5 fragrant spices found in many store-bought premade blends of pumpkin pie spice. You can substitute this spice mixture in any recipe that calls for pumpkin pie spice.
What types of recipes would be delicious with pumpkin pie spice?
- Quick bread
- Cookies ~ Like these yummy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Anything pumpkin flavored like cheesecake, ice cream, and of course pumpkin pie
To Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice You Will Need These Ground Spices:
Use this delicious blend in all your pumpkin-flavored baking. Store the pumpkin pie spice in an airtight container.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Health Benefits:
- Cinnamon is filled with antioxidants, provides benefits for the heart, and can lower blood sugar levels for those with type 2 diabetes.
- Ginger helps with upset stomachs, can help with preventing infections, and is linked with assisting in brain function.
- Nutmeg helps to clean toxins out of the kidneys and liver, plus the fiber content is a bonus to healthy digestion.
- Allspice has anti-inflammatory benefits, improves circulation, and gives the immune system a boost.
- Cloves protect our bodies from free radicals, are beneficial to oral health by controlling bacteria, and support good blood sugar levels.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Mix all spices together and enjoy this delicious blend in all your pumpkin-flavored baking.