GF Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with Tiger nut and cassava flour, which I think are the perfect blend for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, and they are both approved flours for Low FODMAP diets.
Even though I highly recommend these flours, you can substitute them with any other flour other than coconut flour.
Macadamia nuts are fantastic, in my opinion. They also have some decent nutritional qualities.
Macadamia nuts provide our bodies with:
When we have been lucky enough to travel to Hawaii, we always buy chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. These chocolate-covered nuts are delicious and, dare I say, a slightly healthy indulgence, especially if they are covered with dark chocolate…extra antioxidants!
To Make GF Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Regular or dairy-free butter (salted) ~ I used Violife, a plant-based butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Ground flaxseed egg or regular egg
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Tiger nut flour
- Cassava flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Macadamia nuts ~ omit for nut-free diets
Remember never to shake or pack flour when measuring for baking. Follow these steps:
1. Stir the flour with any utensil.
2. Spoon the flour in a measuring cup that can be leveled off, not a measuring cup with a spout.
3. Level off the flour with any straight edge.
GF Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter, softened ~ vegan option if desired. I used Violife Plant Based Butter. Salted butter is optional but will provide the best flavor.
- 6 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons White sugar
- 1 Lg Egg or flax egg ~ I used a flax egg ~ instructions in the notes
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Tiger nut flour ~ substitute with any flour other than coconut flour if desired
- 1/4 cup Cassava flour ~ substitute with any flour other than coconut flour if desired
- 1 cup Heaped semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ allergy-friendly if needed
- 3 Tbsp Chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add softened butter and sugars. Mix thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix together until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-13 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies rest on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack or gobble them up.
- After cookies reach room temperature they can be stored in an airtight container for a few days or freeze for longer storage.
- These also make delicious ice cream (or dairy-free) sandwiches. Add a scoop of vanilla flavor between two frozen cookies.