Tilapia fish patties have a mild flavor and a delicate texture and are best eaten with a fork or crumbled in a wrap with tartar sauce and chopped lettuce.
I don’t post a lot about fish, even though I do like it, especially seafood. Now that I think about it, we have it more often than I realized, mainly in these fish tacos.
The Tilapia is pre-cooked for this recipe, so whenever you have leftover fish, these are a fun option.
How can I make these Tilapia patties gluten, egg, and dairy-free?
- Replace the regular breadcrumbs with gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Use a vegan mayonnaise like Hellmann’s Vegan Mayonnaise.
To make this Low FODMAP, use only the tops of the green onions.
To Make Tilapia Fish Patties, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Tilapia Fillets
- Mayonnaise ~ regular or low-fat. Use a vegan mayonnaise for egg and dairy-free patties.
- Breadcrumbs ~ regular or gluten-free
- Jalapeno mustard or Dijon
- Fresh parsley
- Green onions ~ tops only for Low FODMAP
- Lemon ~ juice and zest
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
These are scrumptious with cocktail sauce or tarter sauce. Try this super easy and delicious homemade tarter sauce my husband likes to make, and enjoy the fish patties.
Tilapia Fish Patties
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ~ regular or vegan for egg and dairy-free
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs ~ regular or gluten-free
- 1 tbsp jalapeno or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp fresh dill ~ chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley ~ chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion or tops only ~ chopped
- juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil ~ more as needed for frying
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place uncooked Tilapia on paper.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Bake fillets for 15 minutes or until fish flakes and gel appearance is gone. (145 F. internal temperature)
- Remove fish from oven and drain liquid.
- Add Tilapia to a mixing bowl with all the other ingredients except oil. Mix well using a large tonged fork.
- Form 5 patties (about 1/2 cup each) using your hands is the easiest method.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Pat with a paper towel before serving.
- Serve with your favorite sauces. Mine are tarter sauce and cocktail sauce.