The first time I made these seasoned fries my family ate the entire pan…even the cold ones. The recipe called for regular baking potatoes, but since my daughter is a big sweet potato fan, I made half of them with sweet potatoes. Talk about a huge success!!
These homemade fries are quick to prepare and the ingredients are probably already in the cupboard.
To Make Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Sweet potatoes or baking potatoes
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese ~ vegans omit or use a non-dairy parmesan
- Garlic powder ~ Low FODMAP Garlic Replacer if needed
- Black pepper
- Salt (I use 1/2 tsp)
Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes ~ or 4 unpeeled baking potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese ~ vegans omit or use a non-dairy parmesan
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ~ Low FODMAP Garlic Replacer if needed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt I use 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put all seasonings in a gallon size freezer bag.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half and then diagonally in wedges or in strips.
- Rinse cut potatoes and dry off on a cotton towel.
- Put cut potatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, stir well with a couple of spoons....toss a lot.
- Transfer potatoes to a freezer bag and shake and roll them around to coat with seasonings.
- Place on a large baking sheet sprayed with Pam. Spread evenly, if needed use two pans.
- Bake for 25-30 min.
- Turn potatoes over half way through the cooking time. Increase baking time for crisper potatoes. I like them crisp.
- These sweet potato fries are so good we eat them straight from the baking pan. In fact, I can hardly get the fries on to a plate.
Please pin and share