Healthy Coconut Banana Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
- Oat flour ~ I often make my own in a blender or Vitamix (use certified gluten-free oats if needed)
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Baking soda
- Hemp seeds
- Walnuts (leave out for nut-free)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Dried blueberries ~ dried cranberries for Low FOMAP
- Bananas ~ barely ripe for Low FODMAP if tolerated
- Coconut oil
- Brown sugar
If you like drizzle some melted chocolate over the top and then sprinkle extra coconut and chopped nuts over the melted chocolate. The melted chocolate will help the nuts and coconut stick. Omit nuts for nut-free diets.
Here is an easy tip:
Line the baking pan with parchment paper for super easy removal of your healthy coconut banana bars with zero sticking. Parchment paper comes in rolls and sheets. I prefer the roll type so I can trace and cut the amount I need to fit the pan I am using.
If you are like me and like to keep things on hand in the freezer, you will be glad to know these bars are absolutely freezer-friendly. When defrosted they taste like they are freshly baked.
You might also like to use up (or buy) some extra bananas for these yummy freezer treats, Frozen Nut Butter Banana Bites, or some Low-Fat Chocolate Soft Serve.
Healthy Coconut Banana Bars
- 2 cups Oat flour ~ I often make my own in a blender or Vitamix use certified gluten-free oats if needed
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp Chopped walnuts leave out for nut-free plus more for top
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes plus 2 more for top
- 1/3 cup Dried blueberries ~ dried cranberries for Low FODMAP
- 3 Mashed ripe bananas ~ No spots and barely ripe for Low FODMAP if tolerated.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips ~ I used Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly Chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl add oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl add mashed bananas, brown sugar, vanilla, and oil. Beat until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add banana mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine. Fold in chopped nuts, hemp seeds, coconut, dried blueberries, and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared 9"x9" square pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, checking after 30 minutes. A knife inserted should come out clean…other than the possible melted chocolate that might remain on the knife.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before removing it from the pan. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Parchment paper makes removing the bars from the baking pan a breeze.
- If you like drizzle some melted chocolate over the top and then sprinkle extra coconut and chopped nuts over the melted chocolate. Omit nuts for nut-free diets.
Please pin and share