Low-Fat Chocolate Soft-Serve is a sweet surprise and a refreshing treat that I really need to make more often. I love this fun way to use frozen bananas and have a delicious low-fat frozen dessert too.
This is just like soft-serve chocolate ice cream, but a whole lot healthier. Be warned, don’t eat it too fast or you might get a headache. I was wolfing some of this low-fat chocolate soft serve down and suddenly I had a shocking pain in my eye…ouch! Brain Freeze!
So enjoy this delicious low-fat chocolate treat nice and slow and you will be pain-free, and it will last longer.
To Make Low-fat Chocolate Soft Serve You Will Need These Items:
- Frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- Cocoa powder
- Sugar (substitute coconut sugar for Paleo diets)
- Splenda – omit for Paleo diets
- Cold coconut milk (or another milk substitute)
- I used SoDelicious Coconut Milk.
Note – I keep frozen (peeled) bananas in my freezer at all times so I can make this treat whenever the craving hits. Save banana peels to fertilize your garden!
Try this mouthwatering healthy low-fat Strawberry Sorbet too!
Low-fat Chocolate Soft Serve
- Vitamix or heavy blender/processor
- 3 frozen bananas cut in chunks
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar substitute coconut sugar for Paleo diets
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda – omit for Paleo diets
- 1 cup cold non-dairy milk or milk ~ I used coconut milk (not canned)
- Cut up 3 frozen bananas and put them in a Vitamix. Quickly grab the other ingredients. This allows the bananas to sit for a minute making them a little easier to blend.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar, Splenda, and cold coconut milk. Whip up until bananas are completely mixed in.
- Serve immediately with some chopped nuts, crushed cookies, coconut, mini chocolate chips, toffee pieces, or whatever you like. It’s even good plain…spoonful after spoonful.
Only 80 calories per cup and 2 weight watcher points. Note – I keep frozen (peeled) bananas in my freezer at all times so I can make this treat whenever the craving hits. Save banana peels to fertilize your garden!