Brian’s KC Style Rub – Let’s Barbecue!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Brian’s KC Style Rub is a quick and easy recipe and cooks in about 16-20 minutes. If you love a spicy barbecue rub you are in the right place! Brian’s KC Style Rub is the real deal.
My son-in-law is a natural when it comes to meat rubs and barbecuing. I decided it would only be fair to share one of his recipes with you since the barbecue season is just around the corner!
This chicken is perfect! Moist and tender on the inside with a spicy blast of flavor on the outside. The leftovers make fantastic sandwiches, wraps, and quesadillas. Add some to a big bowl of salad greens for a healthy dinner idea.
To Make Brian’s KC Style Rub You Will Need These Items:
1. Butchers blend course black pepper
2. Coarse sea salt
3. Garlic salt
4. Garlic powder
6. Mexican chipotle powder
7. Sugar ~ substitute coconut sugar for Paleo
8. Brown sugar (optional)
9. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
How easy is this recipe?
Well, let me put it this way…it’s a matter of mixing all of the ingredients together and rubbing it over the boneless, skinned chicken breasts.
Heat up the barbecue and cook to tender, juicy perfection.
Weight watcher points plus count 1 point for the rub per chicken breast, or add 1 point to the number of ounces you consume.
Here we have some chicken all coated with the KC Rub and ready for the barbecue.
Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side.
Serve up and enjoy it!
Brian's KC Style Rub
- 1/4 cup butchers blend course black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 Tbsp Mexican chipotle powder
- 2 Tbsp extra hot cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar ~ substitute coconut sugar for Paleo
- 1/4 cup brown sugar optional
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix all ingredients together and rub over boneless, skinned chicken breasts.
- Heat up the barbecue and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes for each side. Times may vary depending on the thickness of chicken breasts.