My first bite of these S’mores Cookies just blew me away they were so good. It’s like eating a good old-fashioned S’more without the campfire but just as gooey and delicious.
S’mores cookies are both chewy and crunchy and topped with a creamy square of chocolate; everything you want in a cookie…and more. They are even chewy frozen…love that!
You start by placing a ball of dough onto a graham cracker square.
After the first 6 minutes of baking, you will take the cookies out of the oven and gently push a square of chocolate into the middle of each then place them back into the oven for another 6-7 minutes to finish baking.
The finished cookie is amazing and wonderful all at the same time…you will need to eat two for sure!!
I made regular cookies for my family and gluten, dairy, and egg-free for myself. Both were just as chewy and delicious as the other, in fact, my husband couldn’t tell which ones were allergy-friendly.
To Make S’mores Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Salted butter or a non-dairy product like Earth Balance Butter Sticks.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar ~ I used beet sugar.
- Eggs ~ or egg-free substitute, I used 6 Tbsp liquid from garbanzo beans (Aquafaba).
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour ~ for gluten-free my favorite baking blends are King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour and Pamela’s Artesian Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Allergy Free Dark or Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- Mini marshmallows, I used Dandies All Natural Mini Vanilla Marshmallows.
- Chocolate squares. I used several different kinds, including a stevia-sweetened bar and they all worked fine.
- Graham cracker squares, I used Schar Gluten Free Honeygrahams.
For a S’more cookie with less fat try Nearly No Fat S’mores Cookies.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp salted butter ~for dairy-free Earth Balance Butter Sticks or Spectrum Shortening they even have butter flavor now
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar ~ I used beet sugar.
- 2 large eggs Aquafaba ~ for egg-free I used 6 Tbsp liquid from garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ~ for gluten-free my favorite baking blends are King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour and Pamela's Artesian Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life Allergy Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows I used Dandies All Natural Mini Vanilla Marshmallows.
- 25 small chocolate squares. I used several different kinds including a stevia-sweetened bar and they all worked fine.
- 25 graham cracker squares I used gluten-free.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add butter or dairy-free product and sugars. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs or egg substitute and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in flour mixture and stir to combine or at the lowest setting of the mixer.
- Add marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir gently to combine.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flatten a small scoop of dough in your hand and then place it in the center of each graham cracker.
- Bake for 6 minutes. This is easier than trying to flatten the dough on the graham cracker...they break easily I found.
- Remove from oven and gently press one chocolate square in the center of each partially baked cookie. Return to oven for another 5-6 minutes. They will be lightly golden brown.
- Chewy, gooey and delicious...not to forget the soft, melted chocolate.
- Cool on a wire rack and get ready to gobble them all up!!
This recipe was adapted from www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com