S’mores Cookies ~ Gluten, Dairy, & Egg-Free Options
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
My first bite of these S’mores Cookies just blew me away they were so good. It’s like eating a good old-fashioned S’more without the campfire but just as gooey and delicious.
S’mores cookies are both chewy and crunchy and topped with a creamy square of chocolate; everything you want in a cookie…and more. They are even chewy frozen…love that!
You start by placing a ball of dough onto a graham cracker square.
After the first 6 minutes of baking, you will take the cookies out of the oven and gently push a square of chocolate into the middle of each then place them back into the oven for another 6-7 minutes to finish baking.
The finished cookie is amazing and wonderful all at the same time…you will need to eat two for sure!!
I made regular cookies for my family and gluten, dairy, and egg-free for myself. Both were just as chewy and delicious as the other, in fact, my husband couldn’t tell which ones were allergy-friendly.
To Make S’mores Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Salted butter or a non-dairy product like Earth Balance Butter Sticks.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar ~ I used beet sugar.
- Eggs ~ or egg-free substitute, I used 6 Tbsp liquid from garbanzo beans (Aquafaba).
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour ~ for gluten-free my favorite baking blends are King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour and Pamela’s Artesian Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Allergy Free Dark or Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- Mini marshmallows, I used Dandies All Natural Mini Vanilla Marshmallows.
- Chocolate squares. I used several different kinds, including a stevia-sweetened bar and they all worked fine.
- Graham cracker squares, I used Schar Gluten Free Honeygrahams.
For a S’more cookie with less fat try Nearly No Fat S’mores Cookies.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp salted butter ~for dairy-free Earth Balance Butter Sticks or Spectrum Shortening they even have butter flavor now
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar ~ I used beet sugar.
- 2 large eggs Aquafaba ~ for egg-free I used 6 Tbsp liquid from garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ~ for gluten-free my favorite baking blends are King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour and Pamela's Artesian Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life Allergy Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows I used Dandies All Natural Mini Vanilla Marshmallows.
- 25 small chocolate squares. I used several different kinds including a stevia-sweetened bar and they all worked fine.
- 25 graham cracker squares I used gluten-free.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add butter or dairy-free product and sugars. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs or egg substitute and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in flour mixture and stir to combine or at the lowest setting of the mixer.
- Add marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir gently to combine.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flatten a small scoop of dough in your hand and then place it in the center of each graham cracker.
- Bake for 6 minutes. This is easier than trying to flatten the dough on the graham cracker...they break easily I found.
- Remove from oven and gently press one chocolate square in the center of each partially baked cookie. Return to oven for another 5-6 minutes. They will be lightly golden brown.
- Chewy, gooey and delicious...not to forget the soft, melted chocolate.
- Cool on a wire rack and get ready to gobble them all up!!
This recipe was adapted from www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Products I Love And Used In This Recipe: