Easy Beefy Bake Casserole ~ Gluten & Dairy-Free Options
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
- Beyond Burger Crumbles or another meat substitute for beef.
- Follow Your Heart or Daiya for cheese.
- Elbow macaroni ~ gluten-free if needed
- Lean ground beef ~ ground turkey, or chicken would also be great options.
- Celery ~ I substitute bok choy sometimes too
- Onion ~ tops of green onions for Low FODMAP
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Chili powder
- Frozen corn ~ substitute chopped carrots for Low FODMAP and corn-free
- Cheddar cheese ~ omit for dairy and yeast-free diets.
I suggest cornbread on the side; it’s a perfect blend of flavors. Leftovers? If there are any, those are equally as good the next day. You can find two different cornbread recipes in this chili post.
Easy Beefy Bake Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni gluten-free if needed
- 1 lb lean ground beef ground turkey, or chicken would be great options as well.
- 1/2-3/4 cup celery finely chopped ~ optional substitute is bok choy
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped ~ tops of green onion for Low FODMAP
- 1 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn ~ substitute chopped carrots for corn-free and Low FODMAP
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or more if desired, but omit for dairy and yeast-free diets.
- Cook macaroni according to directions, drain. Set aside. About 10-11 minutes.
- Brown hamburger, drain/rinse if necessary (to remove any fat) return to pan and add onions and celery.
- Cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except noodles. Mix well.
- Add noodles and carefully mix them together.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 qt casserole and top with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
this recipe turned out fairly well. i used gluten free macaroni which worked great. i also added carrots and cooked them until soft, along with the celery and onions, then added the meat. i used turkey but next time will use ground beef instead. additionally, the corn, in my opinion, didn’t add much to overall dish so I’d omit them in favor of the carrots noted above. not to bad though and feeds a crowd.
Hi Jessica, Thanks for sharing! I also use carrots instead of corn for my Low FODMAP and corn-free version. I agree; I prefer this casserole with ground beef. My husband loves corn, so I make two separate casseroles: one for him and one for me and I freeze the leftovers.