- Elbow macaroni ~ gluten-free if needed
- Lean ground beef ~ ground turkey or chicken would be great options as well.
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Chili powder
- Frozen corn
- Cheddar cheese ~ omit for dairy and yeast-free diets.
I suggest cornbread on the side; it’s a perfect blend of flavors. Leftovers? If there are any those are equally as good the next day. You can find two different cornbread recipes in this chili post.
Easy Beefy Bake Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni gluten-free if needed
- 1 lb lean ground beef ground turkey, or chicken would be great options as well.
- 1/2-3/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or more if desired, but omit for dairy and yeast-free diets.
- Cook macaroni according to directions, drain. Set aside. About 10-11 minutes.
- Brown hamburger, drain/rinse if necessary (to remove any fat) return to pan and add onions and celery.
- Cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except noodles. Mix well.
- Add noodles and carefully mix them together.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 qt casserole and top with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.