You won’t even need a campfire to enjoy these Nearly No Fat S’mores Cookies!
What will you do with a partial bag of Mini Marshmallows you find in the cupboard?
Add them to your Nearly No Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies of course, which equals, Nearly No Fat S’mores Cookies.
Oh my goodness I’m so glad I added those little marshmallows! These chocolate chip cookies are even softer than the original popular Nearly No Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh! And they are soft frozen too, you can actually bite into one directly from the freezer!
Try one of these yummy options too:
- Add a thin layer of peanut butter for a little protein and extra deliciousness. I used 1/2 to 1 tsp for each cookie. Spread peanut butter over tops when cookies are still slightly warm.
- Make party s’mores by substituting 1 1/2 Tbsps of sprinkles for the chopped nuts.
To Make Nearly No Fat S’mores Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Light or dark brown sugar ~ I used light
- Milk or a non-dairy type for vegans or for those sensitive to milk ~ I use soy or rice milk
- All-purpose flour or a gluten-free baking blend. Remember – always stir flour before measuring
King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour works especially well with this recipe
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Cornstarch ~ tapioca starch if needed
- Chopped nuts ~ I used walnuts (omit for nut-free
- Dandies All Natural Mini Marshmallows (regular mini marshmallows are fine if no allergies to ingredients) Honestly I just throw in a couple of handfuls until it looks like enough!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips. I used an Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly brand.
- Peanut butter or other kinds of nut butter for optional topping
WW points plus count 3.3 points for each cookie. With 1/2 tsp peanut butter on top, each cookie becomes slightly under 4 points.
I hope you love them…I do!!
Nearly No Fat S'mores Cookies
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar I used light.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk or a non-dairy type for vegans or for those sensitive to milk ~ I use soy or rice milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or a gluten-free baking blend. Remember - always stir flour before measuring. King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Flour works especially well with this recipe.
- 1 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch ~ tapioca starch if needed
- 2 Tbsp chopped nuts I used walnuts (omit for nut-free)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Dandies All Natural Mini Marshmallows regular mini marshmallows are fine if no allergies to ingredients Honestly I just throw in a couple of handfuls until it looks like enough!
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, a non-stick spray, or silicone sheets. These tend to stick a bit.
- In a mixing bowl combine the first four ingredients. Mix well.
- In a small bowl add all the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- Add dry mixture to the applesauce mixture. Stir just to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Using a small or medium-size cookie scoop, drop batter onto prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, oven times may vary. If you decide to make smaller cookies, bake for about 13 minutes. Let cookies sit a minute or two and move to a wire rack...or eat a few!
This recipe was inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.