These banana protein waffles are healthy, low sugar, and fat-free. That’s just what I need plus with the high protein and fiber…well that’s a recipe to get excited about!
Wake up to some high protein banana waffles. These quick and easy waffles are mixed up in a blender all at once. So you can be sitting down to some hot fresh waffles in less than 15 minutes.
If you are short on time in the morning these waffles are the perfect “go to” breakfast. Just freeze a batch and in the mornings reheat them in the toaster or microwave. I personally prefer the toaster for a crunchier waffle.
Each waffle has a grand total of 7.7 grams of protein and almost 4.4 grams of healthy fiber.
If you count weight watcher points plus add 4 points per waffle.
Half a waffle is a great snack for just 2 points with a piece of fruit.
I make several batches at once and freeze them. Place wax paper in between each waffle inside a freezer bag.
A great way to eat your oats! Enjoy!
Banana Protein Waffles
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats ~ gluten free if needed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder ~ I used Orgain Organic Protein
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender at once and mix well.
- Let this mixture rest for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly coat waffle iron or use a non-stick spray. Set waffle iron to #3 or medium setting.
- Pour 1 cup of mixture at a time into a hot waffle iron.
- Let waffle cook without looking for about 12 minutes; times may vary.
- Remove from waffle iron with a fork. Let cool on a wire rack or eat right away. Waffles will be crisp on the outside and soft and a little moist on the inside.