Chili in the slow-cooker is one of my most popular chili recipes. You may have noticed I have a few, we are definitely big fans of chili.
This chili has the perfect blend of ingredients in every meaty spoonful. Fiber from the beans and the protein from the meat will satisfy appetites large and small, plus keep you full longer.
Growing up I am positive my mom made a pot of chili every single week. She has her favorites and finds no reason to try new recipes. Although when I made this chili, she liked it so much she called and asked for the recipe the next day. Now that’s a definite win for me!
What is the best ground meat for chili?
There are a lot of food sensitivities and protein preferences out there, I know! In fact, I use to have to substitute ground pork for most of my recipes due to my own food sensitivities, but to my pleasant surprise recipes always turned out delicious.
You can be sure this chili will be a family favorite with ground turkey, chicken, beef, or pork.
Do you have to use a slow cooker?
Nope. Try this option; bring the chili to a boil, then simmer covered, for about 20 minutes on the stovetop. This is the perfect option for those nights when you feel like a hearty meal but you’re short on time.
Weight watcher points plus can count 3 points plus per serving.
To Make Chili In The Slow-Cooker You Will Need:
- Ground meat ~ turkey, chicken, beef, or pork
- Jalapeno pepper
- Tomato sauce
- Canned tomatoes
- Dark red kidney beans
- Black beans
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
Chili In The Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker
- skillet pan
- cutting board
- measuring cups
- can opener
- 1 pound ground turkey chicken, or lean beef.
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely chopped~ this can also be substituted for a green pepper
- 1 -15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 -14.5 oz can tomatoes pureed
- 1 -15 oz dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 -15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar or Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup water *optional
- *grated cheddar cheese and chopped red onion for garnish if desired
- Brown ground meat of choice with garlic and onion. Drain and add to slow cooker.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- I stir the chili a few times during the cooking time.