These heavenly gf dusted chocolate snowballs are going to melt in your mouth. In fact, these chocolate cookies remind me of another holiday cookie…do you know which ones I am talking about?
I have made these with regular flour and gluten-free flour blends. You absolutely cannot tell which ones are which!
No eggs are used in this recipe, and you can switch out the butter for a dairy-free type like Earth Balance Buttery Sticks or Country Crock Plant Butter.
To Make GF Dusted Chocolate Snowballs, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Granulated sugar, I used beet sugar.
- Butter or a dairy-free substitute
- Crunchy peanut butter. Creamy is ok, but I like the extra crunch. Sun-butter can be substituted.
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Flour, I used a gluten-free flour blend. See my suggestions or use any purchased gluten-free flour blend.
- Cocoa powder
- Xanthan gum or guar gum (corn-free) for gluten-free cookies only ~ omit if the gluten-free flour blend includes either of these ingredients.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used allergy-friendly mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Powdered sugar for dusting.
These chocolate snowball cookies don’t have to be dusted with powdered sugar…they are delicious with or without.
GF dusted chocolate snowball cookies should be stored in an airtight container for several days or freeze for a totally amazing frozen treat.
*NOTE– You might need to eat these with your free hand underneath your chin; they truly are fragile. Of course, you can always eat them frozen as well.
GF Dusted Chocolate Snowballs
- 1 cup granulated sugar I used beet sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened. I used a dairy-free substitute
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter creamy is ok too, but I like the extra crunch. Sun-butter can be substituted.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour I used a gluten-free flour blend. See my suggestions or any purchased blend.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum (corn-free) for gluten-free cookies if the flour blend does not include one of these.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I used allergy-friendly mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Powdered sugar for dusting. Optional
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine butter or butter substitute with sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl, stir to mix.
- Add to creamed mixture. Mix on low speed or stir with a spoon.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form balls with about 2 Tbsp of dough. Bake for about 15 minutes, depending on the size of the balls.
- Remove from the oven and let sit to cool and become firmer. These are very fragile.
- Using a turner, transfer to a wire rack or large flat container. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Please pin and share
This recipe idea came from, www.feedmeimhungry.com