I think I like these cookies even more with sunflower seed butter than peanut butter! You may recognize this recipe, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie Mounds. This time I decided to reduce the mini chocolate chips to 1/4 cup, but add more if you like or sub raisins instead. I also went with a round shape instead of flattening them before baking. There is more to bite into, and who doesn’t like that idea?!
I’ve already decided that I will definitely be making these regularly.
If you count weight watcher points, add 3 for each cookie.
Remember, if you aren’t gluten-free regular flour is fine, and WW points don’t change.
To Make Sunflower Seed Butter & Banana Oat Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Ripe bananas
- Vanilla extract
- Sunflower seed butter
- Pure maple syrup
- Gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- Gluten-free flour baking mix with Xanthan gum or Guar gum for (corn-free diets)
- Baking powder ~ Corn-free if needed
- Non-dairy chocolate chips, I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips.
Freeze extras unless you plan on eating them up in the next few days. Did I mention how delicious they are warm? Maybe there won’t be any extras!
Sunflower Seed Butter & Banana Oat Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter ~ sub any nut butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour baking mix.
- 1 tsp baking powder ~ Corn-free if needed
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips I used allergy-friendly mini chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas, vanilla, sunflower butter, and maple syrup. Mix well
- In a small mixing bowl, add oats, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto the lined baking sheet. I used a small-sized cookie scoop.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Freeze extras unless you plan on eating them up in the next few days. Did I mention how delicious they are warm? Maybe there won't be any extras!
Here are two products I like, of course, there are many brands of great-tasting sunflower seed butter.