Gluten-free cinnamon roll muffins not only look delicious…they are delicious. I could eat these muffins every day of the week. It’s like eating coffee cake in a muffin form but tastes like a cinnamon roll.
These cinnamon muffins will keep well in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or you can freeze them for longer storage. I was pleasantly surprised that these muffins were even more flavorful the next day.
Adding a little drizzle over the baked muffins is tasty too, and adds a little extra flare for special occasions.
To make a glaze grab these ingredients:
1. 1 cup powdered sugar
2. 1 tsp milk or a dairy-free substitute
Mix these two ingredients and drizzle over baked muffins.
Don’t these look delicious? Just look at all the swirls of cinnamon.
To Make Cinnamon Roll Muffins, You Will Need These Ingredients:
I prefer stainless steel muffin tins and paper liners.
Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter ~ regular if preferred
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour ~ blanched is preferred for baking
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch ~ this is not potato flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners
- In a large mixing bowl add ground flaxseed and water. Stir to mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/4 sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Set aside for later.
- When 5 minutes wait time is up for flaxseeds, add sugar to the flaxseed mixture and stir to combine.
- Melt butter and whisk it into the flaxseed mixture.
- Add vanilla and whisk together.
- Stir in almond flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, and salt. Mix until mixture is smooth. The batter will have a thick consistency.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of batter into each muffin cup and lightly spread to cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cinnamon sugar mixture over each.
- Fill the muffin cups with the remaining batter 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cinnamon sugar mixture over each muffin.
- Bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Remove from the oven and let muffins sit for 5-7 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Remove muffins from the muffin tin with papers still on and continue to cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is from theminimalistbaker.com