Aunt Polly’s Chocolate Silk U-NO Pie is nothing short of dreamy…
My aunt Polly made a lot of delicious desserts, but there is something special about a rich, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate pie!
She let my sister and I pick rocks out of her garden for pennies, and then we would go to the local market and buy a bag full of penny candy.
Her house also had a special cabinet with a “candy” drawer. We got to pick out a candy bar from that drawer whenever we visited Aunt Polly. Funny how she always had our favorites in the drawer! Oh, what a fun lady she was.
Luckily for us, my aunt and uncle’s house was a short bike ride or walk away. We loved climbing on their trees, sitting on the porch swing, and watching game shows on TV. Those were great times.
But let’s talk about this fantastic U-NO Pie. It is a quick and easy recipe, especially if you purchase a pre-made pie crust. The chocolate flavor is perfect, not too rich. This light and the creamy pie doesn’t leave your tummy with a heavy feeling, so feel free to have a second piece!
I like that it has a pastry crust instead of a graham cracker crust for a change, though it would be delicious either way. A chocolate cookie crust would even be a nice variation.
To Make Aunt Polly’s Chocolate Silk U-NO Pie, You Will Need These Ingredients:
Frozen 9″ pre-made pie crust or make your own.
Nucoa Margarine (she says it must be Nucoa) : )
Unsweetened chocolate melted, or (2 Tbsp. shortening melted, then mixed with 6 Tbsp. cocoa)
Top with shaved chocolate and whipped topping if desired. My husband likes to add chopped nuts to his piece as well.
This can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour for the pastry crust or a gluten-free graham cracker crust.
Aunt Polly’s Chocolate Silk U-NO Pie
- 1 frozen 9″ pre-made pie crust or make your own.
- 1 1/2 cubes Nucoa Margarine she says it must be Nucoa : )
- 3/4 cup plus 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate melted or (2 Tbsp. shortening melted, then mixed with 6 Tbsp. cocoa)
- Bake pie shell according to package if purchased, or make a single pie crust. Let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Add vanilla and chocolate or cocoa mixture. Mix well.
- Add 1 egg at a time beating 5 minutes after each.
- Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill for several hours.
- Top with shaved chocolate and whipped topping if desired. My husband likes to add chopped nuts on his piece as well.
- This can easily be made gluten free by using a gluten free flour for the pastry crust or a gluten free graham cracker crust.