Break that all night fast with these quick and incredibly easy oat banana waffles.
This simple banana and oat waffle recipe has been a staple in my freezer for over 20 years.
A healthy waffle is hard to find, especially a gluten-free, low-fat waffle. To guarantee you are making gluten-free waffles use certified gluten-free oats like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Old Fashion Rolled Oats.
I like these fresh off the waffle iron, reheated in the toaster, or packed in a lunch with nut butter and jam like a sandwich.
They are basically irresistible with Pure Maple Syrup of course too. Try some warm with nut butter and chocolate chips, allergy-friendly if needed. Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips. Sliced bananas on top of the syrup or nut butter is a great combination too.
*Paleo ~ some may need to eat bananas in moderation depending on blood sugar levels and weight goals.
*Weight watchers ~ yes, count each whole waffle has 6 points.
*Yeast Free ~as long as you are past the strict phase and in moderation.
*Dairy-Free & Egg-Free ~ absolutely and also Vegan.
*Gluten-Free- with certified gluten-free oats
Why not make extra and freeze them, that’s what I do! They are like “fast food” just pop them in the toaster to reheat. To make sure the insides heat up, I set the toaster on a lower setting and pop them twice.
Add some fresh or frozen berries; blueberries are usually my first choice.
If you prefer more protein in the morning try these Banana Protein Waffles.
Oat Banana Waffles
- 2 cups Old Fashion Oats gluten-free if necessary
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana non-ripe for SIBO
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- Put all ingredients in a blender at once and mix well. I set my waffle iron to #3, but brands vary.
- Add a little unsweetened coconut or chopped nuts ~ optional but tasty.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup at a time onto a hot, lightly oiled waffle iron. I use a non-stick spray.
- Let cook without looking for about 12 minutes, times may vary. Remove from waffle iron with a fork.
- Let waffle cool on a wire rack or eat right away. Crisp on the outside and soft and a little moist on the inside.
I use a simple waffle maker like the one shown here.