As soon as I saw this 2-ingredient chocolate cake recipe, I knew I had to try it. Luckily I had the “two” ingredients!
The recipe calls for a 6-inch square pan. Therefore, my cake is slightly shallow because I only have 9-inch square pans. Of course, that didn’t affect the taste one bit. It baked up perfectly in just 25 minutes.
This chocolate cake literally melts in your mouth. The texture is light, and the flavor is perfectly rich and chocolaty. So as you may suspect, it is delicious straight from the pan without adding any frosting. We added frosting and a peanut butter chocolate glaze on our cake.
I decided to try a peanut butter frosting and a rich chocolate glaze on my cake. Both were delicious.
- Chocolate peanut butter glaze with chopped nuts. To make chocolate peanut butter glaze melt about 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tbsps creamy peanut butter together. There is no exact amount. Spread it over the baked cake after it has reached room temperature. The glaze will firm up, so if you want to add chopped nuts over the glaze, do it now.
- Peanut butter frosting. Add 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter to 1 cup of vanilla frosting to make my favorite gluten and dairy-free super easy peanut butter frosting.
- Or add some chopped nuts over the peanut butter frosting.
To Make This Single Layer 2-Ingredient Cake, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional frosting and chopped nuts
You might also like to try this Fudgy Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake, a vegan and allergy-friendly chocolate lover’s dream. Of course, this cake has more than 2 ingredients, but it is worth it and still very easy to make.
Single Layer 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- 4 Lg Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set out eggs to reach room temperature.
- Grease or line an 8"x 8" square pan with parchment paper, or use wax paper to line the bottom of the pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir the chocolate as it melts every about 40 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Separate egg whites saving the yolks in another small dish.
- Add egg whites to a medium mixing bowl and beat until medium peaks form. (Not stiff peaks)
- Add one yolk at a time and beat until the mixture becomes glossy.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- When the cake has cooled frost if desired.
- See Frosting and glaze options in notes.
1/4 cup Peanut butter
1 cup vanilla frosting
-Mix until well combined and spread over cooled cake. Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze ~ optional -Melt about 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tbsps creamy peanut butter together. There is no exact amount.
Spread it over the baked cake after it has reached room temperature.
The glaze will firm up, so if you want to add chopped nuts over the glaze, do it now.
This recipe is from thebigmansworld.com