Nutella is key in these Nutella Chewy Swirl Brownies. This butterscotch chip and Nutella brownie is chewy, rich, and wonderful. We love to eat them warm, chilled, and frozen.
If you are like me and like the taste of butterscotch chips in your cookies, then you will love these brownies. When you take a bite, part of it will be slightly crunchy, part of it chewy, and part of it will melt in your mouth.
To Make Nutella Chewy Swirl Brownies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour ~ one-to-one gluten-free flour blends can be substituted
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Butterscotch chips ~ King David Butterscotch Chips are dairy-free
- Cream cheese ~ dairy-free if needed
- Nutella ~ Nutella is not dairy-free; substitute with almond butter or peanut butter if needed
Before baking the brownies, the Nutella mixture is swirled through the brownie batter.
After baking I think you will find this flavor combination is hard to resist.
If you are craving a peanut butter brownie, swap out the Nutella for peanut butter and the butterscotch chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips.
I hope you enjoy these brownies, and be sure to try some flourless Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies.
Nutella Chewy Swirl Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups Brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Butter ~ dairy-free if needed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour ~ substitute a gluten-free one-to-one blend if needed
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder ~ see notes for corn-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Butterscotch chips ~ King David chips are dairy-free
- 4 ounce Cream cheese ~ dairy-free if needed
- 3/4 cup Nutella ~ Almond butter or peanut butter for dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a 9”x13” baking pan with parchment paper or foil including sides so brownies can be lifted out after baking. If you use foil you will also need to spray the foil with a non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized saucepan combine sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it sit to cool slightly.
- Once it has cooled slightly add the 2 eggs and vanilla, whisk mixture well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in butterscotch chips then spread into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese with the egg yolk then add Nutella and mix until creamy.
- Drop spoonfuls of Nutella mixture over batter in baking pan.
- Swirl Nutella mixture through brownie mixture being careful not to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- When brownies reach room temperature lift them from the pan holding onto the edges of parchment paper or foil.
- Cut into squares. Enjoy brownies at room temperature or chilled.
- Store brownies in refrigerator or freezer.