Gluten-Free Brownie Energy Bites are super quick and easy plus a low FODMAP dream come true!
With less than 90 calories per ball and 2 WW points plus each, you’re going to want to have these brownie energy bites on hand.
Pop one in your mouth before a workout, as a morning or afternoon snack, and they even qualify for dessert and party treats.
To Make Gluten-Free Brownie Energy Bites You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- Natural unsweetened peanut butter
- Pure maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Chia seeds
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
Everything goes in the food processor, mix it all up, and it’s ready to roll into balls.
**Please Note: Peanut butters will have different consistencies and you may need to add an extra tablespoon of either pure maple syrup or peanut butter for the type of energy bite you prefer. I personally have found that one tablespoon of peanut butter and half of a tablespoon of syrup works well.
Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly chocolate chips are my favorite brand for eating out of the bag and baking.
I use cookie scoops like both of these two types shown here:
One is a silicone scoop that the dough is pushed out with your finger and the other is a traditional type scoop with a release on the handle. I use the 2 tablespoon size for my energy bites/balls.
Gluten-Free Brownie Energy Bites
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter *add 1 tbsp more if needed
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup *add 1/2-1 tbsp more if needed
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly
- Add oats and peanut butter in a food processor and pulse to mix. Oats should be coarse not powdery like flour. Five pulses or so should be enough.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients and pulse until mixed completely. The dough should ball up easily.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop or a 2 tbsp measure, scoop up dough and roll into 18 balls.
Please pin and save
This recipe idea is from Fun without FODMAPS.