Quick and Easy Small Batch Pumpkin Scones ~ Gluten-Free
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Quick and Easy Small Batch Pumpkin Scones are a delight in the morning, afternoon, or night…maybe all three. These scones are a one-bowl sensation. Everything is mixed up in one bowl.
It’s fun to make bake with pumpkin because it has that “holiday feel,” but it’s also really good for our bodies. You’re getting a low-calorie superfood full of nutrients and antioxidants.
To Make Quick and Easy Small Batch Pumpkin Scones, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Oat flour ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice ~ homemade version or purchased
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Butter ~ or dairy-free option
- Pumpkin puree
- Milk ~ or dairy-free option (I used Macadamia Nut Milk)
- Chopped walnuts ~ omit for nut-free
- Chopped apples ~ optional
Add tiny pieces of chopped apple to the scones; it’s delicious. The apple makes a memorable blend with the sweet raisins and pumpkin.
These pumpkin scones can be enjoyed fresh from the oven or later at room temperature. The flavors enhance as the scone reaches room temperature and is deliciously mild when warm.
For a more traditional scone, try these apple cinnamon scones; they are gluten, dairy, and egg-free.
Enjoy your pumpkin scones; if you don’t eat them all or decide to make another batch, they freeze well too.
Quick and Easy Small Batch Pumpkin Scones
- 2/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp Oat flour ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp Salted butter ~ cold
- 1 Tbsp Milk or dairy-free substitute
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 2-3 Tbsp Walnuts ~ finely chopped ~ omit for nut-free
- 3 Tbsp Chopped apples in very small pieces ~ optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl add oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin spice. Stir well.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and toss it around in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin, milk, raisins, nuts, and apples if desired.
- Mix all together until fully combined. I end up using my hands. Divide the dough into 3 sections and form round shapes. Place on parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy
This recipe idea is from kalejunkie.com