This chili is gluten-free, yeast-free (without cheese) and weight watcher friendly. Weight watcher points are 6 for each 1-cup serving made with beef and 5 points if made with turkey.
I added 1/2 serving of reduced cheese for 1 more point. You could put the other half serving of cheese on a salad, or add it all to your chili. Whatever suits your taste.
To Make Hearty & Healthy Chili Con Carne You Will Need These Ingredients:
Canned kidney beans or mix it up with pinto beans and red beans
Extra lean ground beef or turkey
Canned tomatoes ( I like to puree mine)
We like to make tasty Corny Cornbread or Gluten Free Cornbread to serve with the chili.
Mmmm…don’t you look forward to a spoonful of this?
Hearty & Healthy Chili Con Carne
- 3 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained ~ or mix it up with pinto beans and red beans.
- 2 large onions ~ chopped
- 2 green pepper ~ chopped
- 2 lbs. extra-lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 16 oz cans tomatoes ~ I like to puree mine
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 bay leaves ~ crumbled
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- In a large kettle brown the meat. Drain. (I always drain my meat even though it is lean)
- Add to the meat, onion and green pepper. Let cook about 3 minutes.
- Add all ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- That’s it! Now relax while it is cooking or make some Corny Cornbread or Gluten-Free Cornbread.