Breakfast just gets better all the time, especially when it includes these Fruit ‘n’ Oats Breakfast & Snack Bars. In fact, lately, I can hardly wait for breakfast just so I can eat another one.
But why wait…these are perfect for snacks too!
A thick berry filling sandwiched between a nutty oat crust and topping. Just like a fruit crisp but without all the extra fat.
These fruit-sweetened breakfast bars are another great use for those spotted bananas.
What’s so great about fruit?
- Protects you from cancer and heart disease
Do you prefer Blueberry or Marionberry bars? Or maybe mix them together for a double berry breakfast bar. This is my favorite!
These oat and fruit bars are a healthy, low-fat choice with just one tablespoon of coconut oil in the whole recipe.
Nuts are optional but please add them unless you have a nut allergy. Nuts are full of omega-3 fats and antioxidants plus they add a nice little crunch to these breakfast bars.
For 3 WW points plus cut bars into 12 servings omitting the chopped walnuts and unsweetened coconut.
To Make Fruit ‘n’ Oats Breakfast & Snack Bars You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Frozen berries
- Ground flaxseeds
- Walnuts (omit for WW and nut-free diets)
- Unsweetened coconut (omit for WW option)
- Spotted bananas ~ green for Low FODMAP
- Old fashioned oats, gluten-free if needed
- Oat flour, gluten-free if needed
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut oil
Serve them up and enjoy!
**Freeze any leftovers that you won’t be eating in the next few days.
Fruit 'n' Oats Breakfast & Snack Bar
- 2 cups frozen berries thawed
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts omit for WW and nut-free diets
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut omit for WW option
- 2 medium spotted bananas mashed ~ green for Low FODMAP
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup oat flour gluten-free if needed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melting is not necessary
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare an 8"x 8" pan with a non-stick spray
- In a small bowl sprinkle ground flaxseeds over thawed berries.
- In a medium mixing bowl add all nine of the rest of the ingredients. Mix together well. Set aside 3/4 cup of oat mixture for the topping.
- Spread the remaining oat mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking pan and press down evenly.
- Pour berry mixture over bottom crust. Drop spoonfuls of reserved topping over berries. Take your time to carefully cover as much of the berry layer as possible. I kind of pat the oat mixture with a rubber spatula as I move it over the berries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The oatmeal topping will become golden brown.
- These don't have to be room temperature to enjoy. Try these breakfast bars cold, they are delicious...I store mine in the refrigerator.
- Serve them up and enjoy! We've even had them for dessert with So Delicious Creamy Vanilla, or ice cream if you prefer.
Please pin and share
This recipe was adapted from petiteallergytreats.com~