Easy peanut butter dog treats are made with natural ingredients and are budget-friendly.
Don’t forget to bake something special for your canine friends! Making peanut butter dog treats are a great activity for kids to help with too!!
This is incredibly quick and easy, no chilling just mix it up in one bowl and bake. Your dog will love them.
You can make these dog bones with regular size cookie cutters like I have shown here or mini-size.
We have a large lab so I make regular size bones. You could also make your own shapes and skip the cookie cutters altogether. If your dog cookie is thicker than 3/8 inch the cooking time will need to be adjusted.
To Make Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats You Will Need These 4 Ingredients:
- Whole wheat flour ~ regular unbleached is ok too
- Peanut butter
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Beef broth
This is one of those super quick and easy recipes that get you in and out of the kitchen fast. No need to chill the dough so you can start baking them right away.
Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour any type of flour is fine
- 1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth I made mine with bouillon cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first three ingredients. This will resemble play dough.
- Stir in broth.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out half of the dough to about 3/8 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or shape into bite size circles and squares.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.
This fun recipe idea is from www.eatingbirdfood.com