Blueberry Pumpkin Spice Snack Bars are delicious any time of the year. I’ve made these pumpkin bars with chocolate chips, raisins, and a combination of both. Dare I say adding dried blueberries is my favorite…
For a fancy look drizzle powdered sugar icing or melted chocolate over bars.
Oat flour can be purchased or you can make your own using a blender or food processor. I like to grind my own oats and have them on hand in a large freezer container. Store ground oats in a cool dry place or in the freezer.
- Oat flour (gluten-free) regular is ok if gluten-free is not needed
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Canned pumpkin
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Dark brown sugar, if you don’t have dark brown regular is fine too
- Coconut oil
- Dried blueberries
** Optional add-ins are…raisins, chopped dates, chopped nuts, and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips, I use, Enjoy Life Allergy Friendly Mini Chocolate Chips.
You might also like to try these Healthy Pumpkin Half Dome Cookies.
Blueberry Pumpkin Spice Snack Bars
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour gluten-free regular is ok if gluten-free is not needed.
- 2 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar; if you don't have dark brown regular is fine too.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9"x 9" square or 7"x 11" rectangle baking pan with parchment paper or spray with a non-stick spray. I actually just line the very bottom of the baking pan with parchment paper...it's so much easier. The edges are easily loosened with a knife after cooling.
- In a mixing bowl add oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves. Mix to combine.
- In a smaller bowl add pumpkin, vanilla, applesauce, sugar, and oil. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Fold in dried blueberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Mine actually take closer to 25 minutes to bake but check doneness with a toothpick or knife inserted in the center. It should come out clean of uncooked dough.
- Cool on wire rack about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Recipe inspired by AMBITIOUSKITCHEN.COM