GF Peanut Butter Cookies ~ Egg & Dairy-Free Options
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
We have high standards when it comes to cookies at our house and these GF Peanut Butter Cookies are a favorite. This cookie is so soft it nearly melts in your mouth. Trust me you are going to need to make a double batch!
Everybody should have a one-bowl irresistible cookie recipe like this on hand because you never can tell when you are going to need a batch of cookies at a moment’s notice.
Some different options you can try when making these cookies are:
- Peanut butter can be replaced with any kind of nut butter.
- Use aquafaba as my egg replacer. Aquafaba is the liquid from canned garbanzo beans. Ener-G Egg Replacer is another good option I have often used in baking.
- Try a dairy-free version by replacing the butter with a plant-based substitute like Earth Balance.
**When you replace the eggs in this recipe you will have a firm cookie instead of a super soft cookie, but don’t let that stop you…they are still definitely worth making.
Here are some different sugar options to try:
- Beet sugar
- Coconut sugar
- Raw granulated sugar
- Sugar-free options like Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Brown sugar enhances the flavor of peanut butter cookies and would be amazing
Simple cookies like these are perfect for any holidays or celebrations, just add sprinkles to match the holiday or celebration and you are ready to go!
To Make GF Peanut Butter Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Peanut butter ~ check labels for ingredients ~ or nut-free use SunButter
- Sugar ~ use appropriate sugar options mentioned above
- Egg or egg replacer equal to one egg (I used Ener-G Egg Replacer) or 3 tbsp. aquafaba.
- Optional toppings of your choice
Weight watcher points plus are 3 for each cookie.
You might also like to try my SunButter version of these peanut butter cookies.
GF Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter SunButter for nut-free diets
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg or egg replacer equal to one egg I used Ener-G Egg Replacer or 3 tbsp. aquafaba.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter (or SunButter) and sugar. Mix well.
- Add egg or egg replacer and vanilla. Mix well.
- Shape into 1" or a little larger balls and place on a baking sheet. Slightly flatten with a fork to make a crisscross pattern.
- Top with optional toppings like sprinkles for holidays
- Bake 8 minutes for smaller cookies, 13 minutes for larger cookies.
- Let sit about 3 minutes before removing from pan. These will be slightly crumbly until completely cool…but we always start eating them anyway!
- Store in an airtight container or freeze leftovers for longer storage.