Hooray for pancakes because sometimes I really get a craving for pancakes, and these homemade gluten-free banana pancakes are easy, healthy, and guilt-free. Even better…they satisfy my cravings every time.
Top a warm stack with all your favorite toppings like maple syrup, fresh fruit, mini chocolate chips, or nut butter. Make some extra for the freezer to defrost quickly on busy mornings. Sandwich two together for a fun peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead of bread. I actually do this all the time when we pack a lunch for a hike.
Literally, no fat is added in this recipe, just a handful of quality ingredients. This means WW points plus are 2 points for each serving if the recipe has one egg and two egg whites.
This recipe is not set in stone though make adjustments if needed. For example, if you want more protein in your banana pancake, use 2 eggs. On the other hand, if no eggs are your preference, then completely replace them using any egg replacer you prefer, or try the chia egg provided here:
To Make These Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Ripe spotted bananas
- Gluten-free quick-cooking oat
- Large egg
- Egg whites or 1 chia egg
**or replace both eggs with an egg-replacer
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Pure maple syrup
- Water added to desired consistency
Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe spotted bananas
- 2 cups gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 1 Lg egg
- 2 Lg egg whites or 1 chia egg
- **or replace both eggs with an egg-replacer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup water added to desired consistency
- Place all ingredients including 1/4 cup water into a blender or Vitamix. Process until just smooth. Over-processing is not good for this mixture.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high prepared with a non-stick cooking spray or lightly brushed with oil.
- Pour 1/4-1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Let bubbles form on top then flip to cook on the other side.
- Enjoy with syrup, fruit, nut butter or whatever sounds good! If there are leftover pancakes feel free to freeze them in a good quality freezer bag.
This recipe idea is from pinchmegood.com